Dear Mr. Exline
I read with enthusiasm your recent advertisement for the Food Scientist position and I am writing to announce my interest. I offer both exceptional scientific knowledge and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. With a Ph.D. in Food Science along with fifteen years of industry experience I know I would make an excellent selection for the Food Scientist role.
While working at Butterball Foods I have applied theoretical principles and practical knowledge of microbiology to inform best preservation methods. Additionally the role allowed me to engage in food engineering for production of high-quality low-cost products designed for mass consumption. My chemistry background has allowed me to conduct careful analysis and assist the company in enhanced food safety.My careful attention to detail problem-solving abilities and my extensive understanding of statistics and computers further inform my role. I have a firm belief in the role of science in the food production industry and uphold principles to bring safe foods to the public. My exceptional understanding of science and research abilities further assist in meeting goals.
I truly look forward to speaking further with you regarding the Food Scientist position. I am reachable via email or phone. My resume is enclosed for your consideration.
Food Technologist Cover Letter
Food Technologists work for food manufacturing companies and make sure products follow legal and quality requirements. Typical Food Technologist job duties include developing products and processes, implementing quality control procedures, researching consumer markets, selecting raw materials, ordering supplies, taking part to internal audits, liaising with technical and commercial departments, finding solutions to production issues, maintaining food safety, and finding ways to reduce costs without compromising quality.
A well-written cover letter example for Food Technologist usually focuses on skills and qualifications such as:
- Training in nutrition and food science
- Knowledge of applied chemistry and microbiology
- The ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules
- Attention to details
- Commercial awareness
- Business acumen
- Flexibility and time management
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Computer literacy
Just below is displayed a cover letter sample showcasing comparable Food Technologist skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food Technologist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Salters:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Food Technologist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With significant experience in food science and new product development, as well as a strong commitment to research excellence and corporate goal achievement, I am confident I would be able to make a significant contribution to your company’s success.
From formulating new food products and producing benchtop prototypes to drafting reports and performing deep research, my expertise lies in creating, modifying, and improving food quality, safety, storage, packaging, processing, and distribution to continually increase corporations’ bottom lines. Having earned my Bachelor of Science in Food Chemistry from the University of Nebraska, I am eager to apply my extensive skill set and knowledge toward the success of your company. Furthermore, with my additional strengths in team leadership, cross-functional communication, and consumer insight and analysis, I am well positioned to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Creating and rolling out flavor and food concepts leading to successful commercialization of line extensions for major food companies including Keebler, Nabisco, and General Mills; developing and helping to launch food products across various food areas including cereals, snacks, and baked goods.
- Exploring trends and uncovering information regarding demographic preferences in conjunction with sensory, marketing, and consumer insight departments; developing new product prototypes based on results for customer evaluation in focus/research groups.
- Demonstrating an exhaustive knowledge of food chemistry and engineering, nutrition and dietary requirements, food safety protocol, and general food sciences while excelling within team-oriented environments.
- Leading projects throughout their full life cycles, overseeing teams and logistics as well as serving as a contributing team member on non-lead projects; utilizing organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills to drive projects and teams to peak results.
With my strong experience, coupled with my dedication and my solid work ethic, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Rita B. Henley